Saturday, March 30, 2013

Fitness Friday: Protein Pancakes

I know I've been a little AWOL, but I recently went away to visit a friend in the wonderful city of Nagano, and I've been enjoying my very brief spring break from work, so I've just been enjoying reading blog posts as opposed to writing them.

I've recently attempted to make my diet healthier and more specific for my nutritional needs. I have a massive sweet tooth, and I managed to make it by one week without so much as a piece of sweet goodness passing my lips, but unfortunately my trip to Nagano ruined my resolve, who can pass up the opportunity to try a cherry blossom flavoured ice cream? Not me, that's for sure. 

So I had this massive craving for some pancakes last night, and whilst the box of Japanese pancake mix and I had a stare down, I quickly put the search for hash tags to good use, and found a recipe I wanted to try my hand at.

So kiddos, today I'm going to share with you this pantastic pancake protein recipe!

You will need:

1 x medium sized banana, or half a big one
2 x egg whites
1/4 cup of oats
1 tsp of cinnamon
1 scoop of protein powder of choice (I have vanilla flavoured at the moment)
1 x teensy bit of coconut oil

You mash the banana with a fork and add the egg whites and mix them around a bit. Add the oats, cinnamon and protein powder, and add a dash of water to make the consistency a little runnier. I think I added a tbsp or two.

Warm up your pan, add just enough coconut oil so your pancakes don't burn, and add the mixture to the pan once warm enough. I had enough mix for two pancakes, and I cooked them on a medium flame.

Fail at making my pancake look pretty, but I scoffed down the other one with a bit of peanut butter and blueberries on top and it was yum as!


What do you think, kiddos? Something that you might give a go? What's a simple and healthy dessert you enjoy?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment